Monday, April 11, 2011

POETRY TERMS: Stanza ♥

STANZA!






Definition: A stanza is like a paragraph in poetry. It is made up with four or more lines and, nearly the same length. It can rhyme, it divides the poem into parts.

Example:
You changed my world with a blink of an eye  
That is something that I cannot deny                  
You put my soul from worst to best
That is why I treasure you my dearest Marites
(First Stanza)
You just don't know what you have done for me
You even pushed me to the best that I can be
You really are an angel sent from above
To take care of me and shower with love.
(Second Stanza)

Significance: I think it is important to have stanzas because after each stanza we stop and take a breathe. Each stanza divides the poem into parts so we can understand it better. It makes the poem look organized not messy and all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment